Friday, June 1, 2007

How I got my dog

I have a dog. He's medium build, small eyes and has a thick coat of black fur running all the way from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail. Wait a minute...that's my brother. Except for the tail bit...my dog doesn't have a tail. haha! Kidding, kidding!

Anyway, back to my dog who DOES have a tail, (no, my bro doesn't, seriously, if he did I'd sell him to the circus). One look at him and you would know I hauled his hairy butt back from one of the cheap, non-air-conditioned eating places in Singapore - also known as a coffee shop.

He was a sorry sight; a sad little puppy tethered to a char kuay teow stall with the coffee shop owner asking everyone who walked in if they wanted a free dog. What can I say? I'm Singaporean, I like free stuff.

And he was such a good little boy too. Didn't fuss when I picked him up, sat quietly in the car on the way home, put up with all the patting and prodding and followed me into the house. Once the doors were closed, he probably figured it was a done deal and proceeded to water the carpet.

Maybe he thought it was inhouse grass. Maybe he thought it was a friendly gesture and wondered why I didn't reciprocate. Whatever it was, the honeymoon was over. It had only lasted 28 minutes.

No comments: