Sunday, July 12, 2009

Puppy Class 3: Delinquent dog

In my previous post, I said the 3rd puppy class was an absolute failure. Why? Hmm... where to begin? I know. Let's start with this. Can you tell what this speck is?



It's a tooth, in particular a canine. Here's a closer look:



It dropped out during class. He's teething, so what's the fuss, right? I'll tell you what the fuss is.


During class, the owners are to hold on to their puppies while the trainer explains stuff. ADHD wouldn't sit still. When I persisted, he growled and BIT ME. I got a scratch but he lost a tooth.


So loser, right?


That's not all. During play time, he decided to hump Coco...and he wouldn't stop! Coco's owner said Danny was molesting her dog. Kept asking me how old he is. I think she was afraid Coco will get preggers. Super malu, can?

Good thing the trainer said that it's normal and that it what puppies do to "prepare for what they need to do next time." Hope she's right, although I still think I'm raising a chee ko pei dog.


(Note to self: Get Danny fixed next month.)


And the mark of any delinquent: he's a bad influence. For session 1 & 2, all the other dogs were nice and quiet. This round, Ally and Coco started struggling too. Not only that, Ally started barking with Danny during class ... and she's the shy one!


Bad habits are easier to pick up?

No comments: