Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm getting exercised

The best part about having hyper-active Danny around is the amount of exercise my jelly-like muscles are getting.

Yesterday, Danny was tethered to the railing near the kitchen when everyone went off one-by-one. Instead of squeaking like he normally does, he propped himself up on his hindlegs and unhooked himself.

Then, knowing all the humans go upstairs to roost, he trotted up and started sniffing at the gap below the room door.

He was estatic when I opened the door...hubby was not quite so happy and promptly brought him down.

To keep him quiet and busy, I figured I should attempt wearing him out. Sensing this, Danny decided on Catch. For some reason, he insisted on running around and around the dining table with me chasing him. It was making me dizzy.

So, I decided on a more dignified approach. He likes to follow people, so I headed down the stairs to the basement and he sped past me. By the time I reached the bottom, he was waiting for me. I immediately made an about-turn and headed back up.

I did about 10 over sets of up and down before he conked out on the floor, panting away and refusing to budge.

I was quite pleased with my efforts. However, in about 10 minutes, he was up and ready to have another go.

I, on the other hand, ended the evening with a cramp in my butt.

Thanks to Danny, in another month or so I should be the proud owner of a nicely toned tush.

No comments: