Saturday, June 6, 2009

Toilet training: Danny - 37, Owner - 2

Toilet training is ... not going so well.

We've had Danny for about a month now and he only pees on the newspaper when he is in his room. Once he's out, only poo goes on the paper, the other one? Well, it's a free-for-all.

Today was a classic example. In an attempt to confine him a bit more, mom tethered him to the railing and placed some paper in a corner right under him.

I went into the house to get something and when I came out, he had made a special effort to walk off the paper and take a leak on the floor.

I took the paper and spread it out so that it covered the radius of his leash. However, he was engrossed in a toy so I left one square foot uncovered.

I went back in again and I'm sure you can guess what happened.
.
.
.
.
Yep, that's right. He peed right in that tiny spot and left the newspapers pristine clean. So cliche, right?
But that's not the end. Our friend decided he was tired (and maybe a little hot) and proceeded to lie down right in his own puddle! *Faints*
AND WHEN HE SAW ME, HE JUMPED UP AND PUT HIS PAWS RIGHT ON MY WHITE T-SHIRT! *FAINTS*
All my yells of "NOOOOOOOO!" just made him decide he really wanted to jump on me.

Anyway, normally if he steps in his pee, I just do a wet wipe on him. But this time, his whole underside was drenched. So I had to take the one with no sense of personal hygiene down for another bath. He just had one yesterday.

Rhoda likes Danny. So when she heard I was going to bathe him, she wanted in on the action. She held him while I took pics.
"Not again...Why me?"

"Is that a camera?"


"Yay! It's over!"

All things considered, I must say he's one better than Trakker, who thought the whole house was a toilet. Traks especially liked the fresh scent of the morning paper. By the time it got to us at breakfast, however, it wasn't quite so fresh any more.

Maybe I should be thankful Danny doesn't do it on the paper.

4 comments:

wandi said...

It's time to take a bath Danny :-)
Thank you very much Miss Angela for your comment.
After I saw that your occupation is in corporate communication, I was immediately feel jealous to you.
But hey, it's a positive jealous! :-)
I was a university student in Communication department and your job is my dream.
Another thing, you live in Singapore, the clean country with thousands flat as I read in many reading materials :-)
Hmmm...Perfect..
You can learn Indonesia language from me.
Bahasa Indonesia anda masih bagus :-)
Please correct my bad English :-)
Give my best regards to Danny and your family , Miss Angela :-)

wandi said...

Me again :-)
I just see that you like "Marley and Me"..hmm..Very touching movie.
I love it!
Marley is hyper active but very lovable.
I love a big dog (some like Chassard)
I will tell you if I get a dog someday :-)
According to my friend who has a dog, he said before we had a dog,we must ready to give a full care for the dog.
Happy weekend :-)

Kelvin said...

hey thanks for leaving comments on my blog. Too bad i am allergic to furs, if not i want a dog too:(

Nice cute Danny:)

Angela said...

Hi Wandi, yep it was definately time for his bath! Anda dari mana di Indonesia? Saya pernah menjadi(?)ke Jakarta dan Yogya. Senang sekali!

Kelvin: Thanks for the note. He's cute but very noisy. :D