Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feeding Frenzy

Hey all! Back from Vietnam and in one piece. It was just an overnight trip so I didn't get to see much of the city, but I did get a good feel of the traffic. First impressions, they have a lot of motorcycles and are experts in "creative" driving, of which one of the more innovative is driving against the flow of peak hour traffic.


Rush hour in Ho Chi Minh

I also had the most interesting massage experience. For the first time in my life, I had a full body massage done by a guy! The place seemed a bit dodgy cos men were massaged by ladies and ladies by men, not to mention the male masseuses were all young and virile. But at least mine didn't ask me if I wanted any "special" service. I think I would have run out screaming if he did.

It's called the Golden Lotus. Guess I should have known.

Anyway, the last weekend was a non-stop binge fest. And to Danny's absolute dismay, he wasn't part of it. He paid me back by yapping his head off during my nap so we're even.

Mom and hubby's birthdays are exactly one week apart, so although I brought hubby to Forlino for lunch, hubby got a family treat with mom at North Border Bar and Grill at Rochester Park.



I picked the place after reading the reviews from hungrygowhere.com. Love the ambience!



Food's not bad too!
The birthday tart was a special request from hubby. Knowing that I suck when it comes to hints, hubby hauled me down to Fruit Paradise at Raffles City about a month ago.

Hubby: Don't the tarts look nice?
Me: Wow! Ya. They look great!
Hubby: Good. I want one for my birthday.

Not very subtle, is he?

Anyway, I headed down just before dinner and picked out a Mango Tart with cheese cream and candles for 104 years. Looks yummy, yeah?


It was a big hit! There is loads of cream but even hubby's family loved it and they aren't cream people.

Here's another pic. I thought it was quite a cool shot of the cake.

The very next day, hubby had birthday treat number 3. We did the whole tourist thing and headed down to the zoo for breakfast with the wildlife.

Hubby's shy and wanted his face pixelated.

I really love the zoo! Every now and then we threaten to introduce Danny to the monkeys if he misbehaves (hey, if he's gonna act like one...). But the truth is, the monkeys are far better behaved than him.

Okay, FINE. They're orang utans. And they are very well trained. They came and left on cue without any fuss. One even tapao-ed a small branch on her way back.

I think the one in the middle is cute! Caption: "Er...what am I doing here again?"

The baby was uber cute!
The animals were only out for half an hour. We didn't have much time after that so we just wandered around for a bit after breakfast.

I'll leave you with clips from the otters' feeding time. Turn up the volume and you can hear them squeaking for the keeper to feed them. It's not in clip but the whole group of them went around the enclosure hunting for the keeper. They kept peering through the glass and under the fence.

I really have no idea how they know they are going to be fed! If anyone can figure it out, drop me a note.

The first clip really reminds me of Danny just before dinner time. Guess I should be glad I only have one dog.

Waiting for food

Feeding time!

1 comment: