Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Danny and the Pull-Up Bar

Chinese New Year is going to be here in three weeks and I am desperately trying to get my flabby arms in shape so I don't do a double wave at the relatives. I've been doing chair dips which takes care of the underarms but couldn't think of anything at home for my jelly-soft biceps.

So, for the first time ever (which shows my fitness priority), I headed down to the exercise station at the park. And for fun I brought Danny with me.

I chained him to the base of the pull-up bar. He peeked at me rather curiously but let me get on with life. The moment my feet left the ground, however, he started barking like there was no tomorrow. When I came back to earth, he stopped.

I thought maybe being tied 3 feet away was to freaky for him, so I re-tied him right next to me and reminded myself to be careful not to land on him.

It didn't work.

Danny kept barking his head off and even after I stopped, he continued barking right in my face. It was the first time he had ever seen me do pull-ups (as in pull up and hang there) and all the humans he has seen always had two feet firmly planted on the ground. I think he thought I was going to fly off without him or something.

Anyway, it turned out for the best. We were being observed by a team of construction workers, an elderly couple plus the neighbour's dog. And since two (half) sets was all I could manage, I used Danny as an excuse to...hem...cut my "routine" short and left.

I'm bringing him with me the next time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to read your blog.
Dog Joint Supplements

Sal said...

Love your dog! I've a miniature schnauzer who i bring to exercise around the park.

Angela said...

Hi Sal, yeah, they're really spunky and great fun to exercise with. Funny thing is, I'm puffing and wheezing and he's still raring to go!