Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Almost a toothless dog...

Recently, I needed to check Chassard's teeth. Last year, he had some pretty bad build up. Over the years, using a mixture of pathetic whines and looks of desperation, he succeeded in guilting my dad into adding a whole array of foods to his diet. At his peak, he was downing cheese, ice-cream, cake, cookies, durian...yes even durian!!

When I took him to get nutered (that's a whole other story), I signed him up for a dental as well. It added a good $150 to the bill but not smelling his breath any more was well worth it.

After that, I figured I should check his teeth once in a while, just in case. Which brings me back to "recently".

He was cosying up to a chair leg when I decided to make my move. I thought I was acting perfectly normal but he smelt a rat.

"Er...can someone help me, please? Anyone???"
Honestly! What happened to trusting the owner?

Anyway, I was carefully checking both the upper and lower teeth when I saw something that totally freaked me out!

His bottom two teeth were missing! I was having fleeting images of spoon-feeding baby food to a toothless dog when he wriggled free. I made another grab and pulled his lower lip down to make sure.
And...



They're all there! Phew! But isn't it wierd? Those two teeth are so much shorter than the rest. It's like he needs braces or something.
In any case, I checked it out. For the record, as of today, there is no such thing as dog dentures!

No comments: