Thursday, February 11, 2010

All set for CNY

Danny's latest adventure with wet paint totally earned him a trip to the groomers. He had an appointment with Bryan in anticipation of CNY so we didn't bother trying to clean off the paint.

Hey, it's Nippon Weatherbond, meant to withstand sun, rain, hail and snow. I didn't think it would come off easily. Plus we didn't want Danny roaming the house smelling of turps.

Bryan was all booked up for the weekend and I couldn't take leave. So the plan was for Rhoda to walk him there around lunch time, and I pick him up on my way back from work.

I had to work late that day and made it to Bark Angel 15 minutes before closing. The first thing I heard when I stepped through the door was Danny half yelping half howling.

By rough calculation, he had been waiting for me for about six hours.

I turned to one of the staff, "Er...I think that's my dog." The guy nodded and looked positively relieved.

"Has he been doing that the whole afternoon?" He nodded again. Oops.

Still, he handed Danny over with a smile and charged me the mini schnauzer rate of $45, even though Danny's more like a maxi schnauzer. They had to shave him really close to get rid of the bits with paint and in some places, you can almost see his skin. I'm sure he felt a draft.

Danny was estatic to see me. I think he thought we had abandoned him. He didn't have his chew toy, didn't have his afternoon nap and was stuck in some weird place where they grope your tush and shave it bald.

He was nice and quiet in the car and when we hit home, he greeted everyone, headed to his corner and went straight to sleep.

So now I have a nicely groomed dog all ready for CNY.....which is more than I can say for his owner. :Þ


PS: Oh yeah, on a seperate note, someone abandoned a 2-month-old red poodle puppy on the street near Bark Angel. The staff took her in. I saw her when I went to pick up Danny. She was quite weak and was having fits. I guess that why she was left behind. They said they would bring her to the vet in the morning.
Don't you just hate people who chuck their pets? If she's really that sick at least put her down humanely! Grrr....!

2 comments:

jewlreya said...

2 months old is like so young! Stupid owners, must be home breeders.

Angela said...

Ya, fed-up! *roll eyes*