Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sanitation Officer

I can't believe it but Danny actually did something good this time.

He's paper trained, and we usually leave a thick wad of newspaper on the floor for him. When we're feeling industrious, we would remove the dirty sheets, leaving the clean ones below. On more lazy days and if it's just pee, we would simply flip the sheets over.

Danny's been observing us clean up his mess all this while. Today, I was petting him when he suddenly got up and headed for the paper. I praised him while he peed to reinforce the act.

After he was done, I thought he would come back to me but he didn't. Instead he sniffed around the area and started nosing. I thought he was doing something grouse so I told him to come but I got ignored.

Then to my surprise, he pushed up a corner of the newspaper and using his nose, he rolled it over his pee. He did it again until it was completely covered. Only then did he come to me.

I've never seen him do that before and I don't know if he actually meant to cover up his stuff, but for now the whole family's in shock.

Except for Rhoda. She thinks he's showing off.

8 comments:

gerry said...

That's cute.
Russ simply refuse to re-used soiled papers. He would rather wait till we clean it up and put down fresh papers for him...

Angela said...

cute! Danny would try to find a clean corner, failing which it would appear outside the paper. It's like "Hey, I tried."

gerry said...

forgot to mention that it frustrates my mom no end cos she would grumble that she just cleared the soiled papers and clean up his 'toilet' just a min ago once her back is turned, it is soiled again...haha

Angela said...

Yeah, they make life interesting. :D

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jewlreya said...

Not surprising! My friend's schnauzer does that herself all the time! If there are spare papers at the corner within her reach, she would even spread the new papers herself!

Angela said...

Really? Wow! That's really smart! Still observing Danny. I hope he does that too some day!

jewlreya said...

Maybe it's a schnauzer thing! I wished Vela can do that too. Too bad, she only knows how to tear things up. =_=