Sunday, January 17, 2010

Garden dog

Danny has a strange dilemma. He prefers being in the garden cos that is the one place he is free to roam, but he loves being with people even more, even if it means he is restricted to the balcony.

On normal work days, he spends the day in the garden but is brought in at night. We tried leaving him out after we come home but he kept yelping to be let in.

On Saturday, I decided to brave the mosquitos and hang out with him in the garden. He really is a very good dog when there is nothing around to steal. He followed me wherever I went. At one point, he was happily chewing his bone and when I walked off, he quickly grabbed it and trotted after me.

I think if I had a farm I could milk the cows and have a wonderful little Danny follow me about my chores. He'll probably annoy the cows though, but they would set him straight in a second.

I hurled tennis ball after tennis ball down the path.

He'll actually bring the ball all the way back...except when he is tired. Then he will give you a "go fetch yourself" look and make himself comfy on the floor. After a while he got really pooped.

I let him loose in the house and he was a good boy for the next hour.....only an hour...

No comments: