Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's a brand new year, Danny

I know I said that I would sleep my way into the new year, but I ended up watching the fireworks with the family.... on TV, that is!

When it ended, I decided Danny should join in the celebrations. I headed to the basement, woke him up and hauled him upstairs. He was probably in some deep doggie sleep, cos even though we set him loose in the living room, he meekly went up to mom and dad and licked their hands.

Dad was snacking on cornflakes and offered him some. Danny took about 6 or 7 handfuls.



After that, he fully woke up, or maybe he was feeling a bit weak earlier from his new diet plan. Whichever the case, he poke his snozz into mum's handbag and fished out her towel. When I finally got that away from him, he went back for her make-up kit.

Dad eventually caught hold of him and chucked him back in the basement.

I guess his first new year experience was a bit too exciting for him. Danny spent the whole morning and part of the afternoon of New Year's day all hungover in his favourite napping spot.

I tried to sneak a beer can in this shot for effect but he moved.
Oh well, I hope dogs' necks are more limber than humans cos I'm not sending him to a doggie chiropractor.
Zzzzzzz....

No comments: