Sunday, March 7, 2010

Designer Dog

The other day, hubby and I went to have lunch at Greenwood Ave in Bukit Timah, where we chanced upon a pet shop that was advertising a Cavoodle puppy. I'm still pretty new to this whole designer dog thing, and up till that point, I had never heard of a Cavoodle.

Appearantly neither did the lady inside inquiring about the pup. She kept calling it a "Cavadoodle". Anyway, it's a mix between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Poodle and this is roughly how it looked like.
Cute, yes? It was the sweetest thing too and I overheard the sales assistant say that two people had already booked the dog. It doesn't take a genius to figure it probably cost a small fortune. Not that it matters to us. Because, by now, we've figured that even the sweetest dog will get corrupted by the grey, furry ball of bad influence we have at home.

As snazzy as "designer dog" sounds, it bottom line is that Cavoodles, Spoodles, Labrodoodles, etc., are all basically mixed breeds. As a result, they come in all colours, shapes and sizes, depending on how which breed features more dominantly.

These are just some other versions of the Cavoodle I found online.


It just seems that as long as your mongrel dog looks reasonably cute, all you have to do is stick a fancy name on and suddenly he gets pedigree status.

That got me thinking. Almost everyone I've met thinks Danny is mixed. His face is too round, he is too big and his legs are too long for a mini Schnauzer. Even Danny's trainer once said that he seems be mixed.

So, I think from now on, I'm going to pimp his status. Allow me to introduce the latest in designer dogs, Danny the Schnoodle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schnoodle..? Sounds like noodles of some sort...

Schndoodle..? Schnpoodle...?

Angela said...

haha! Or Poozer, Schnaudle.

Mom thinks he's more of a terrier mix so she has opted for "Schnerrier".

jewlreya said...

I think he looks more of a terrier too!

Angela said...

Hmm...I think you're right!