Monday, May 25, 2009

Danny vs Redang

Two weeks after we got our friend, the bulk of the family set off on a cruise. Mom had been hankering for a trip to Redang; so entrusting Danny's toilet training (which isn't going very well) to our helper, Rhoda (who's been spoiling him rotten), I chucked the parentals + brother (who were extremely excited) on a 2-night cruise to the island famous for its corals and marine life.

After hearing so much about it, it really didn't disappoint.

First sight of the beach
Second sight of the beach with someone's head spoiling the pic.


The big attraction is diving or snorkeling. (The people who look like they've drowned are all snorkeling.)


While dad opted for a snooze in the shade, mom and bro decided on snorkeling. (Hmm...bro needs to lose weight.)

Me? I opted for the age-old past-time of wading. Hey, I can't snorkel. I keep thinking I'll hit my head or choke on some fly going past my snorkel.

I haven't been to many beaches but the waters here are so clear. I was thigh deep in the water and I could still see my feet! (FYI, those are the weird objects at the bottom of the pic. Weird object at the corner is the camera case.)
Also, you get little schools of little fish swimming about. They're all white so you need to spot them by their shadows.

How does this post link to Danny? Well the sun, sand and sea couldn't distract dad. The moment I came out of the water, he handed me his handphone and told me to dial home and ask about him.

I did. And of course what else could he be up to but messing up the house.

No comments: