Saturday, August 14, 2010

Breakfast with Danny

For some time now, I've been wondering why despite all my scoldings, Danny still jumps and barks at me when I eat.

Meals and snack time with Danny loose in the house is quite an affair. Our friend already has an egg every morning, which is plenty for a little dog. But he still goes after scraps.

It turns out that I've been going about it wrong. It's the parents that need training.

Danny's breakfast routine:

Step 1: Go to mum. Beg and bark.



Step 2: Go to dad. Beg and bark, but don't bark so loud cos dad will kick ass.


Step 3: Eat reward for being a bad dog.


When I told mum she's too soft on him, she shot back, "But he will bark at me!"

To think she speant her life in teaching and retired a vice principal.

6 comments:

jewlreya said...

Lol. I think Danny had too much of the human food, that's why he craves for more. My poodles are easily satisfied with whatever that are in their bowls (thank God, phew) and they know even if they cry their lungs out, nobody would bother, LOL!

Angela said...

Sigh! That's the problem here. When it's just me and hubby, Danny will be quiet. But once it's with mom and dad, he knows he will get his way.

The other day, dad was feeding him potato chips! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Same with me and my kitties... My ex dog new adopters were amazed at how much beer she drinks! A little jack russel drinks a whole can! Hee hee hee... I spoil my pets too...

Angela said...

haha! Doesn't she get tipsy?

I think Danny's old trainer would get a heart attack if he sees what we do!

Anonymous said...

We feed our dog from the table, too. She will proibably embarrass us some day when we have guests, but for now, we don't care; she's a member of the family, too!
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more

Angela said...

Haha! Yeah, we all have a major soft spot for our pets!